Your Individualized Music Inventory
Your individualized musical preferences are important and says a whole lot about you. As the intent of Song Therapeutics reveals, songs are a very powerful and life changing force. By reading this book, you are saying that you recognize aas well as value the power of music/song in your life, and that you are wanting the lyrical messages to assist you on your journey. Becoming an aware, informed consumer of music will provide an excellent foundation for making those musical choices concerning what you specifically choose to listen to. This music inventory will provide self assessment to help you do that. You will be more likely to seek out and utilize the song lyrics and their messages if you are enjoying and connecting with the music. Basically, this music inventory will assist you to further discover, clarify, and organize those musical preferences and favorite choices that are part of your life.
It is highly recommended that you take the time to review this 15 question Individualized Music Inventory after you complete reviewing each song featured in each chapter. See what your individualized self reflections will say about you. Music preferences often evolve and change over time, thus it is always a good practice to regularly assess what you need and what are looking for in your music choices. Take note of the changes you may have and what those changes reveal/signify about your needs. Value your music and your song choices, with those meaningful lyrics that have messages that will help you!
1) Besides the lyrical message, did you personally connect with this specific song? The style, genre, instrumentation, artist? If yes, why is that? If no, why is that?
2) When seeking out music to listen to, what are you generally looking for? Would you classify as…Rock; Pop; Country; Oldies; Heavy Metal; Classical/Opera; Indie; Rap/Hip Hop; Jazz; Rhythm/Blues; Easy Listening; Reggae; Folk; Electronic/Dance ?
3) Do you have an overall favorite type of music? Why do you think that is?
4) What is your least favorite type of music? Why do you think that is?
5) Do you have a favorite musical group?
6) Do you have a favorite female singer?
7) Do you have a favorite male singer?
8) Do you prefer lyrical song choices or instrumental music choices?
9) Do you have any music that tends to relax you?
10) Do you ever use music to help you fall asleep?
11) Does music affect your moods? In what way?
12) Do you have a favorite musical instrument? Have you ever played one?
13) Do you enjoy listening to “live” music performances and/or concerts? If so, what kind of music or what specific artists?
14) Do you use an audio streaming service to listen to music? If so, which one?
15) Do you compile playlists on your audio devices? If so, describe them?
COPYRIGHT 2020 SONGTHERAPEUTICS LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. DUPLICATION OR USE OF ANY TEXT, ILLUSTRATIONS, GRAPHICS OR OTHER MATERIALS WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION OF SONGTHERAPEUTICS LLC IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.